Why donate to this scholarship?
You may mail checks or money orders to:
The Sandra Blake Memorial Scholarship Foundation
ATTN: Professional Pilot Scholarship
P.O Box 961732, Riverdale, Ga. 30296
The 2018 Professional Pilot Scholarship Application will become available on March 1, 2018!
The SandraFoundation™ Professional Pilot Eligibility Criteria
The Professional Pilot Scholarship is designed to provide college scholarships to students demonstrating financial need.
To be an eligible candidate for this scholarship, you must meet the following:
1. Be an active flight student: You must be enrolled in any participating colleges, universities, or flight training programs offering pilot license training.
2. Academic Criteria: Minimum age is eighteen (18). This scholarship is dedicated to aspiring professional pilots demonstrating financial need (ex: evidence that flight training costs has created personal debt). Students must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent. The recipients of this award will receive the funds during the commercial pilot practical exam (check ride) or immediately thereafter. Funds are approved as an educational expense and can be used in any way pertaining to flight training costs.
3. Write an essay: Write an essay summarizing your flight training experience. Include specifics about your professional pilot career goals. Discuss financial need (if any) and how this scholarship can help you achieve your goals. It is tradition within the airline pilot community to mentor, support and help rising student pilots join our ranks in the same way you have been supported. Please include in your essay how you intend to mentor future student pilots as they work towards becoming airline pilots.
4. Recommendation letter required: Brief letter of recommendation from any professional pilot or staff member working at your flight training school.
5. Application: Application window will open on March 1, 2018. Stay tuned for more details.
Donate to the SandraFoundation™ Professional Pilot Scholarship!
About the Sandra Blake Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
The Sandra Blake Memorial Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization recognized by the New York Department of State and the New York Department of Education. The Sandra Blake Memorial Scholarship Foundation, also known as The SandraFoundation™, is a scholarship foundation which is authorized to raise scholarship funds for students demonstrating financial need. In memory of Sandra Blake, the family of Sandra Blake strives to empower deserving students who need college scholarships to pursue higher education. The Professional Pilot Scholarship is one of five active SandraFoundation™ scholarships. The SandraFoundation™ Scholarships are: The Community Servant Scholarship, The Cadet Scholarship, The Road to Recovery Scholarship, and the Naomi Blake Family Legacy Scholarship. Further details can be found on the company website, www.sandrafoundation.org.
For more information, email us at ProPilot@SandraFoundation.org
All Rights Reserved.